History of Mesopotamian Religion
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses early religion, particularly in Mesopotamia, one of the earliest known cities. The author studies the religious beliefs of the Mesopotamians who had several gods and goddesses and a large number of spirits and demons. The author also compares how the Mesopotamians, though an ancient race, would house their Gods, to how the Christians did by building churches. The basic principal in which the Mesopotamian religion was based on is also explained in the paper as well as how this helped the people with their survival for many years.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Gill, N. S. Ancient Mesopotamia, early religion. 2007 <http://ancienthistory.about.com/cs/nemythology/a/mesopotamiarel.htm>
- Miller, Patrick D. Israelite religion and Biblical theology, collected essays. Continuum International Publishing Group. 2000.
- Gods, Goddesses, Demons and Monsters. <http://www.mesopotamia.co.uk/gods/home_set.html>
- Lecture 3, ancient Mesopotamia. <http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/rels/2/lectures/lecture3.html>
- Religion in Mesopotamia. 2007 <http://www.dl.ket.org/humanities/connections/class/ancient/mesopreligion.htm>
Cite this Term Paper:
History of Mesopotamian Religion (2008, December 16) Retrieved January 24, 2021, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/history-of-mesopotamian-religion-110137/
"History of Mesopotamian Religion" 16 December 2008. Web. 24 January. 2021. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/history-of-mesopotamian-religion-110137/>