Healthy Eating and Reduction in Illness
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper looks at how, although some people believe that consuming food and beverage in moderation is healthy enough, many chronic illnesses can be reduced by choosing a properly balanced diet plan. The paper then discusses the illnesses that can occur from unhealthy eating and documented foods that have been associated with the reduction of these illnesses.
From the Paper:"The recommended food groups that can lower chances of contracting chronic illnesses are: fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fat-free or low-fat milk and milk products. Dietary Guidelines for Americans (2005) stated, " The strength of the evidence for the association between increased intake of fruits and vegetables and reduced risk of chronic diseases is variable and depends on the specific disease, but an array of evidence points to beneficial health effects. Compared with the many people who consume a dietary pattern with only small amounts of fruits and vegetables, those who eat more generous amounts as part of a healthful diet are likely to have reduced risk of chronic diseases, including stroke and perhaps other cardiovascular diseases, type 2 diabetes, and cancers in certain sites (oral cavity and pharynx, larynx, lung, esophagus, stomach, and colon-rectum). "
Sample of Sources Used:
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and U.S. Department of Agriculture. Dietary Guidelines for Americans (2005). 6th Edition, Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office, January 2005, from http://www.health.gov/dietaryguidelines/dga2005/document/default.htm
- U.S. Department of Agriculture, National Agriculture Library, Food and Information Center. (2008). Last Modified January 18, 2008, from http://fnic.nal.usda.gov/nal_display/index.php?tax_level=1&info_center=4
- Scottsdale Bariatric Center. (2007). Obesity-Related Diseases. Retrieved January 20, 2008, from http://www.scottsdalebariatric.com/2007/understanding/disease/
- Wallace, Gini Kopecky. (2008, January). Feel great in 08'. NEA Today, 26 (4), 47-48, 2p.
- Los Angeles Magazine. (2008, January). Table talk, 53 (1), 54-54, 8/9p, 1c.
Cite this Term Paper:
Healthy Eating and Reduction in Illness (2008, June 29) Retrieved March 01, 2021, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/healthy-eating-and-reduction-in-illness-105064/
"Healthy Eating and Reduction in Illness" 29 June 2008. Web. 01 March. 2021. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/healthy-eating-and-reduction-in-illness-105064/>