Greek and Roman Thoughts and Culture Term Paper by supercalifragilistic
Greek and Roman Thoughts and Culture
A look at how Greek and Roman thought and culture has impacted Western civilization.
# 97175 | 1,953 words | 7 sources | MLA | 2007 |
Published on Jul 24, 2007 in History (Greek and Roman) , Philosophy (Ancient Greek) , Philosophy (Logic) , Philosophy (Religion) , Religion and Theology (General)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper takes a look at the contributions made by the ancient civilizations of Greece and Rome to Western thought and culture. According to the paper, these contributions are many, especially in the areas of art, literature, architecture, politics, government, science and religion.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Badian, Edward. Studies in Greek and Roman History. New York: Basil Blackwell, 1964.
- Cary, Michael. Life and Thought in the Greek and Roman World. London: Methuen, 1966.
- Fiero, Gloria K. The Humanistic Tradition: Faith Reason and Power in the Early Modern World, Book 4. Boston: McGraw Hill, 2002.
- Highet, Gilbert. The Classical Tradition: Greek and Roman Influences in Western Literature. UK: Oxford University Press, 1985.
- Hoffmann, Herbert. Ten Centuries That Shaped the West. Houston, TX: Rice University Press, 1970.
Cite this Term Paper:
Greek and Roman Thoughts and Culture (2007, July 24) Retrieved May 27, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/greek-and-roman-thoughts-and-culture-97175/
"Greek and Roman Thoughts and Culture" 24 July 2007. Web. 27 May. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/greek-and-roman-thoughts-and-culture-97175/>