A discussion of the role of the Institute for Food and Development Policy (IFDP) in addressing food shortage issues around the world
# 113122 | 2,031 words | 5 sources | MLA | 2009 |
Published on Mar 18, 2009 in Environmental Studies (Economics and Policy) , Environmental Studies (Environmental Problems)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses the role and the importance of global activism in addressing food shortages around the world. It specifically discusses the role of the Institute for Food and Development Policy (IFDP). The paper presents information from an interview with one of the volunteers at the Institute and discusses the volunteer's view of the importance of team work and the way in which the goal presented in the mission of the Institute is achieved.
From the Paper:"Overall, it can be said that the activity of the Institute is quite important for the way in which it manages to address the issues that affect the poor in the US and in the world. In time, it can come to develop a new and implicated civil society, one which is aware of the need for getting more and more involved in the situation of the global community. Nonetheless, in order to have a powerful impact on the society the Institute should reconsider its communication campaign and the way in which it tries to send its message across. Even so the presence of the Institute is an important asset for the activist movement around the world."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Cater, Nick. "African NGOs Urge More Aid Through Local Agencies". Global Policy Forum. 2004. 7 July 2008, http://www.globalpolicy.org/ngos/fund/2004/1221africangos.htm
- FAO. "2005 Report on Hunger". FAO Stats. 2005. 7 July, 2008, http://www.fao.org/faostat/foodsecurity/MDG/MDG-Goal1_en.pdf
- Food First. Become a Food First Intern or Volunteer. 2008. 7 July 2008, http://www.foodfirst.org/en/intern#intro
- Food First. Programs. 2008. 7 July 2008, http://www.foodfirst.org/en/about/programs
- Food First/Institute for Food and Development Policy. Mission. 2008. 7 July 2008, http://www.foodfirst.org/en/about/mission
Cite this Term Paper:
Global Activism (2009, March 18) Retrieved July 27, 2021, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/global-activism-113122/
"Global Activism" 18 March 2009. Web. 27 July. 2021. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/global-activism-113122/>