$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper discusses the Genentech company history and describes key aspects of its operations including its corporate locations, manufactured products and financial information. The paper presents some predictions, based on evidence from the past, on the company's future. The paper also addresses the issues of what career opportunities and employee benefits Genentech, Inc. offers its workers today.
From the Paper:"Genentech, Inc. (an abbreviated version of the company's full name: Genetic Engineering Technology, Inc.) has arguably become, in the past three decades since it first was formed, the relatively young biotechnology industry's foremost worldwide corporate entity. In fact, Genentech in its earliest corporate phase throughout the mid-to-late 1970's is the company that actually pioneered the (then brand new) field of biotechnology, beginning officially in 1976. Unofficially, though, Boyer and various research associates were doing what would now be called biotechnology research several years before that ("Genentech")."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Berenson, Alex. "A Cancer Drug Shows Promise, at a Price That Many Can't Pay." The New York Times. 15 Feb 2006. 8 Jun 2007 <http://www.newyork times.com/2006/02/15/business/15drug.html?ex=1297659600&en=62aabaec5acffa8c&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss.html>
- "Biotechnology." Article 2: Use of Terms. The Convention on Biological Diversity: United Nations. 1992. 8 Jun 2007 < http://www. cbd.int/ convention/ convention.shtml>
- "Corporate Chronology." Genentech. June 7, 2007 <http://www.gene.com/gene/about corporate/history/timeline/index.jsp>
- "Herbert Boyer." Answers.com. 7 Jun 2007 < http://www.answers.com /topic/ herbert-boyer.html>
- "Genentech: In Business for Life." 7 Jun 2007 <http://www. gene. com/gene/ index.jsp?hl=en&q=www.gene.com&btnG=Google+Search.html>
Cite this Term Paper:
Genentech (2008, July 07) Retrieved March 05, 2021, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/genentech-105437/
"Genentech" 07 July 2008. Web. 05 March. 2021. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/genentech-105437/>