Gender Inequality at Work: The Case Against Women
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper addresses the subject of how women fare in the workforce today. It discusses many forms of discrimination and gender inequality in the form of disparities of wages, benefits, and workplace sexual harassment and violence. This paper reviews these concepts and reflects on biases affecting woman in business and in the academic world.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Colorado Women's Bar Association, "Careers and Compensation Study" (Colorado Women's Bar Association, 1993); Donnell, C., Reichman, Nancy and Sterling, Joyce, "Gender Penalties: The Results of the Careers and Compensation Study," Colorado Women's Bar Association Executive Summary (Colorado Women's Bar Association, 1998).
- Dipboye, Robert L., and Colella, Adrienne. Discrimination at Work: The Psychological and Organizational Bases. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates. 2005.
- Gregory, Raymond. 2003. Women and Workplace Discrimination: Overcoming Barriers to Gender Equality. New Brunswick, NJ: Rutgers, University Press.
- New York Times, 'Women Corporate Executives', NY York Times: July 21, 1999, report issued by Catalyst, nonprofit research organization.
- Nelson, Richard R. State Labor Legislation Enacted in 2001; 'Increases in Minimum Wage Rates, Restrictions on Youth Peddling Bans on Discrimination Because of Genetic Information, and Protection from Workplace Harassment and Violence Were among Major Subjects of State Labor Legislation'. Monthly Labor Review, 125.1: 2002, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, p. 12.
Cite this Term Paper:
Gender Inequality at Work: The Case Against Women (2008, December 18) Retrieved December 07, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/gender-inequality-at-work-the-case-against-women-110215/
"Gender Inequality at Work: The Case Against Women" 18 December 2008. Web. 07 December. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/gender-inequality-at-work-the-case-against-women-110215/>