Gastric Bypass Surgery
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper discusses the universal struggle with weight and why it is happening. The paper focuses on gastric bypass surgery as an option for the severely obese, whose weight has a direct effect on their health. The paper describes the types of gastric bypass surgery available and includes two diagrams. The paper looks at the effects, dangers, benefits and costs of the surgery. The paper provides interviews with people who have undergone the procedure and maintains that gastric bypass surgery is clearly a reasonable solution to extreme obesity.
From the Paper:"Nearly two-thirds of adults in the United States are overweight, and over thirty percent are obese, according to the data from the1999-2000 National Health and Nutrition and Examination Survey (NHANES). The difference between overweight and obese is overweight refers to excess body weight compared to set standards and may include muscle, bone, fat, and body water; where obese refers specifically to having an abnormally high proportion of body fat. A bodybuilder might be considered overweight because they have a considerable amount of muscle, but little to no body fat. In most instances however, people who are overweight are also obese."
Sample of Sources Used:
- [Abstract]. (2000). Nucleus Communications, Inc. Retrieved from http://www.nucleusinc.com
- [Abstract]. (2004). New Life Surgery. Retrieved from http://www.newlifesurgery.org/images/bili_front.jpg
- My Gastric Bypass-Frequently Asked Questions. (2002). Message posted to http://www.mygastricbypass.com/FAQ.htm
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. (1998). Clinical Guidelines on the Identification, Evaluation, and Treatment of Overweight and Obesity in Adults [Brochure]. Bethesda, Maryland: Author. Retrieved November 20, 2005, from http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/obesity/ob_home.htm
- Risks Of Surgery. (2001). Retrieved November 20, 2005, from http://www.vcu.edu/lesspainsurgery/obesity/risks.htm
Cite this Term Paper:
Gastric Bypass Surgery (2007, November 25) Retrieved March 06, 2021, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/gastric-bypass-surgery-99719/
"Gastric Bypass Surgery" 25 November 2007. Web. 06 March. 2021. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/gastric-bypass-surgery-99719/>