G.A.M.E. (Gas and Mineral Extraction) Company
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses how the Gas and Mineral Extraction (G.A.M.E.) Company is a primary exploration, processing and distribution company. It looks at how the company's distribution occurs direct to consumers primarily in its headquarter location, the United Kingdom, and to third party suppliers, in other countries. The paper also examines how the company's goals include continued expansion of direct sales in other regions, via joint ventures and partnerships, and how, in order to facilitate the accomplishment of these goals, the effective use of human capital will be critical to the organization's success.
From the Paper:""Danger money", as G.A.M.E. has discovered, is being offered at most major global players in the industry, in order to entice increasingly unwilling nationals to work abroad. Even if G.A.M.E. were able to match or beat the current offerings from other competitors, the challenge does not end there. The increased hazard pay leaves employers vulnerable to litigation if problems arise, since it acknowledges that the organization has knowingly exposed their employees to risk. In addition, it could indicate that the organization was guilty of a certain amount of complacency regarding the preparations that were needed to prevent the incident in the first place ("Packages", 2003)."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Eddy, J., Hall, S. & Robinson, S. 2006. "How global organizations develop local talent", McKinsey Quarterly no. 3, pp. 6-8.
- Ford, N. Oct 2003, "Jobs for the boys", Middle East no. 338, pp. 54-55.
- Graff, B. Mar 2005, "Going global: How to staff offices overseas", Corporate Legal Times vol. 15, no. 160, p. 76.
- Hirt, M. & Orr, G. 2006, "Helping China's companies master global M&A", McKinsey Quarterly no. 4, pp. 38-49.
- "Nigeria: Two foreign oil workers kidnapped in Niger Delta Region", 2 Nov 2006, World News Connection, [Online], Available: http://web.ebscohost.com 08/01/07.
Cite this Term Paper:
G.A.M.E. (Gas and Mineral Extraction) Company (2007, October 02) Retrieved December 15, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/g-a-m-e-gas-and-mineral-extraction-company-98535/
"G.A.M.E. (Gas and Mineral Extraction) Company" 02 October 2007. Web. 15 December. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/g-a-m-e-gas-and-mineral-extraction-company-98535/>