$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper explains how managing fire safety in a building is a continuous process that starts with the initial design that aims to ensure that fire incidents are minimized. It lists the essential provisions necessary in all buildings to ensure that the occupants can be protected.
From the Paper:''Throughout the lifetime of a building, managing fire safety is a continuous process that starts with its initial design which aims to ensure that fire incidents are minimized, and even if a fire does occur, the fire safety systems, that include active, passive, and procedural systems, are in the right condition and fully operational. Thus fire safety management is an essential part of measures used to avert disasters in the event of fire eventualities. Although the present legislation for buildings ensures that there will never be life threatening fires, it is imperative that fire safety procedures be adopted for every building. Fire management techniques aim at accelerating rescue procedures amongst occupants of buildings in the event of a fire so that threats are minimized. It is believed that the design and regulated engineering in buildings can be effective for fire safety only if the building can be managed and tested by trained staff for the entire life of the building, which is a key criterion for fire safety. If the management of the building is effective, the occupants of a building in the case of a fire can be protected and saved from other losses also.''
Sample of Sources Used:
- Carbone, Quality Fire Protection, 1982, http://www.hydrocarbons-technology.com/contractors/fire
- DEY M. K. performance-based fire protection program, 2007, http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=1467536
- Fire Precautions in the Design, Construction and Use of Buildings, 2004, British Standard BS 5588-12
- Mahalo, best Fire protection Techniques, 2007, National Fire Protection Association.
- Marie Flanagan, New Facility Means Better Fire Protection, 2007, Natural Resources Information Centre
Cite this Term Paper:
Fire Safety (2011, June 29) Retrieved May 17, 2022, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/fire-safety-147770/
"Fire Safety" 29 June 2011. Web. 17 May. 2022. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/fire-safety-147770/>