Ethics and Decision Making Term Paper by ABCs
Ethics and Decision Making
An examination of the Socratic method of ethics and decision-making and how it can be applied to businesses today.
# 114182 | 4,387 words | 12 sources | APA | 2009 |
Published on May 31, 2009 in Communication (Interpersonal) , Business (General) , Ethics (General)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses ethics and decision-making within an organization. It specifically focuses on the Socratic method that moral insight and decision-making come more from stimulating communication among active and informed minds than lists of things to do. The paper describes how this philosophy can be used effectively within the business world.
From the Paper:"Whether or not organizations can and will ever reach this lofty goal is debateable given the Western reliance on economics and supply and demand. In this respect, it is not only the organization that must assume social responsibility, but the stakeholders, as well. If consumers continue to remain quiet about prices and purchase products that may not be best for their health, if they continue to buy products from companies that act unethically and not socially responsible, then theys are are at fault as well and cannot expect that organizations will make more ethical decisions on their behalf."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Barry, W., and Shaw, V. (2006) Moral Issues in Business. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth.
- Cohen, D. (2008, May 13) Wittgenstein and Market Forces. Guardian, p. 27.
- DesJardins, J.(2008) An introduction to business ethics. New York: McGraw Hill.
- Donaldson, T., and Werhane, P. (2007) Ethical issues in business: a philosophical approach. Englewood-Heights, NJ: Prentice Hall
- Friedman, M., & Becker,G. On economics. (2008) Chicago: University of Chicago.
Cite this Term Paper:
Ethics and Decision Making (2009, May 31) Retrieved March 25, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/ethics-and-decision-making-114182/
"Ethics and Decision Making" 31 May 2009. Web. 25 March. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/ethics-and-decision-making-114182/>