Ethical Issue in Human Services
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses ethical issues in human services, particularly in regards to social work. The paper focuses on social work and the role of social workers for immigrant families to the United States. It looks at the problems that members of this group may face and how they can be overcome. It describes the role of Jane Addams as founder of social work and describes the ethical principles by which social workers are supposed to abide.
From the Paper:"Jane Addams (1860-1935) founded the social work profession to help children and adults who live in poverty. She grew up in Cedarville, a small village in northwestern Illinois. Her father was a prosperous businessman, and Ms. Addams received her degree from Rockford College in 1882. From the time she was very young, she was concerned for the poor in her neighborhood. During a visit to London, England, Jane was shocked at the poverty she saw, and though she had no idea at what she could do, she vowed to one day do something to help other people. When she observed the social experimentation being done at Toynbee Hall in England, she decided to begin a similar center in Chicago, one where she could put her social principles into action and work for a better way of life for people there."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Baxter, N. J. (1994). Opportunities in counseling and development careers. Chicago: NTC Publishing Group.
- Blaustein, A. A. (2003). Make a difference: America's guide to volunteering and community service. San Francisco: John Wiley & Sons.
- Bridging Refugee Youth and Children's Services Retrieved from http://www.brycs.org/brycs_spotspring2007.htm, December 29, 2007.
- Brinkerhoff, S., Riggs, E. G. and C. Gholar (2003). Careers with character: Social worker. Broomail, PA: Mason Crest Publishers Inc.
- Hollender, J. A. (1990). How to make the world a better place: A guide to doing good. New York: William Morrow and Co.
Cite this Term Paper:
Ethical Issue in Human Services (2008, February 07) Retrieved May 26, 2022, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/ethical-issue-in-human-services-100825/
"Ethical Issue in Human Services" 07 February 2008. Web. 26 May. 2022. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/ethical-issue-in-human-services-100825/>