Effects of Light Wavelength on Photosynthesis
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper examines an experiment on Dracaena plants that were used to study the effect of different sources of light with particular wavelengths on the photosynthetic process by evaluating the amount of CO2 consumed. The paper discusses the methods and results of the study and then discusses the findings. The paper contains a graph and an appendix.
Table of Contents:
Table of Contents:
From the Paper:"Experiments which are able to discern the differences due to spectral changes in wavelength of light on photosynthesis are therefore dependent on multifarious factors which involve methodologies to provide strict standardizations along with the use of sophisticated analytical tools. Our experiment therefore could not detect the differences when exposure to particular frequencies of light was given, but it gave a significant difference in the experiment conducted in sunlight, which shows that other factors had contributed more to the photosynthetic process in our experiment than the light source alone."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Figueroa F. L., Aguilera J. and Niell F. X., (1995), Red and blue light regulation of growth and photosynthetic metabolism in Porphyra umbilicalis (Bangiales, Rhodophyta), Eur. J. Phycol., 30: 11-18
- Gulmon S. L. & Chu C. C., (1981), The Effects of Light and Nitrogen on Photosynthesis, Leaf Characteristics, and Dry Matter Allocation in the Chaparral Shrub, Diplacus aurantiacus, Oecologia (Berl) 49:207- 212
- Sharkey Thomas D. & Raschke Klaus, (1981), Effect of Light Quality on Stomatal Opening in Leaves of Xanthium strumarium L., Plant Physiol. 68, 1170-1174
- Walters Robin G. & Horton Peter, (1994), Acclimation of Arabidopsis thaliana to the light environment: Changes in composition of the photosynthetic apparatus, Planta 195:248-256
- Zeiger Eduardo and Field Christopher, (1982), Photocontrol of the Functional Coupling between Photosynthesis and Stomatal Conductance in the Intact Leaf BLUE LIGHT AND PAR- DEPENDENT PHOTOSYSTEMS IN GUARD CELLS, Plant Physiol. 70, 370-375
Cite this Term Paper:
Effects of Light Wavelength on Photosynthesis (2010, March 21) Retrieved September 26, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/effects-of-light-wavelength-on-photosynthesis-118967/
"Effects of Light Wavelength on Photosynthesis" 21 March 2010. Web. 26 September. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/effects-of-light-wavelength-on-photosynthesis-118967/>