Edmund Kemper - The Co-ed Killer
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper introduces, discusses and analyzes the topic of criminal justice. Specifically the paper discusses the juvenile offender Edmund Kemper also known as the Co-ed Killer. The paper takes a look at concepts of juvenile delinquency in relation to the justice system and how the system deals with juvenile offenders.
From the Paper:"The societal impact of Kemper's first release was deadly. Eight women including his mother died as a result, and more probably would have died had Kemper not turned himself in. He became notorious as a serial killer, and finally got the recognition he had so desperately needed from his mother. Throughout his life, his bizarre actions were a cry for help, and no one listened. His mother berated him, the justice system "cured" him and set him free, and the social workers ignored him. There were several different systems at play in Kemper's release, and they all combined to let him, and society, down. The societal impact to eight families was brutal, but what Kemper's case implied to society as a whole was much more important. If Kemper made it through the system and was released back to the very person who seemed to be the cause of most of his problems, how many other offenders had suffered the same fate, and were waiting to claim more victims? Ultimately, society pays for the digressions of the criminal justice system, in small ways, or in larger ones."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Caputi, Jane. The Age of Sex Crime. Bowling Green, OH: Bowling Green State University Popular Press, 1987.
- Giannangelo, Stephen J. The Psychopathology of Serial Murder A Theory of Violence. Westport, CT: Praeger Publishers, 1996.
- Methvin, Eugene H. "The Face of Evil." National Review 23 Jan. 1995: 34+.
- Schlesinger, Louis B. Sexual Murder: Catathymic and Compulsive Homicides. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press, 2004.
- Simon, Robert I. Bad Men Do What Good Men Dream A Forensic Psychiatrist Illuminates the Darker Side of Human Behavior. Washington D.C.: American Psychiatric Press, 1996.
Cite this Term Paper:
Edmund Kemper - The Co-ed Killer (2007, May 26) Retrieved December 06, 2022, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/edmund-kemper-the-co-ed-killer-95514/
"Edmund Kemper - The Co-ed Killer" 26 May 2007. Web. 06 December. 2022. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/edmund-kemper-the-co-ed-killer-95514/>