Ecological Assessment - Origins, Definition, Examples
A review of 'Young Children with Disabilities in Natural Environments' by Mary Jo Noonan and Linda McCormick, and other articles on ecological assessment.
# 94505 | 822 words | 6 sources | MLA | 2006 |
Published on Apr 30, 2007 in Education (Special) , Psychology (Theory) , Anthropology (General) , Psychology (General)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses the history of ecological assessment. The paper reviews the work, 'Young Children with Disabilities in Natural Environments' by Mary Jo Noonan and Linda McCormick and other relevant articles. The paper reports that the theory of ecological assessment was launched in 1979.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Akos, Patrick. (2005). The Unique Nature of Middle School Counseling. Professional SchoolCounseling, 9(2), 95-104.
- Alton-Lee, Adrienne. (2003). Quality Teaching for Diverse Students in Schooling: Best Evidence Synthesis. Wellington: Ministry of Education. ISBN: 0-478-18742-4
- Haney, Michele, & Cavallaro, Claire C. Using Ecological Assessment in Daily Program Planning for Children with Disabilities in Typical... Topics in Early Childhood Special Education, 16(1), 66-82.
- Noonan, Mary Jo, & McCormick, Linda. (2006). Young Children with Disabilities in Natural Environments: Methods & Procedures. (21-22; 104-110). Baltimore: Paul H. BrookesPublishing Co.
- Odom, Samuel L., & Karnes, Merle B. (1988). Early Intervention for Infants & Children with Handicaps (p. 224). Baltimore: Paul H. Brookes Publishing Co.
Cite this Term Paper:
Ecological Assessment - Origins, Definition, Examples (2007, April 30) Retrieved February 27, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/ecological-assessment-origins-definition-examples-94505/
"Ecological Assessment - Origins, Definition, Examples" 30 April 2007. Web. 27 February. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/ecological-assessment-origins-definition-examples-94505/>