Dangers of U.S. Volcanoes
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses the causes of volcanoes, the different types and how they contribute to acid rain. The paper emphasizes the dangers inherent in this force of nature and looks at the active volcanoes in the United States and the major disasters of the past. The paper also looks at the San Andreas Fault and how it is a likely candidate for a major earthquake in the next few decades. Also discusses are San Francisco Bay and its environs, which are likely to sustain a moderate sized earthquake, accompanied by severe damage and loss of life.
From the Paper:"A volcano is a rupture in the surface of the earth which penetrates the crust and permits the escape of molten matter, rock and gases. The details of how this comes about are a quite elaborate. Such ruptures on the surface of the planet can change the face of the world over time, forming new land masses. They also pollute the air and change the climate, when active in great numbers or volume. It's believed they have brought on nuclear-winter type conditions, blotting out the sunlight. They could end civilization."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Jersey.uoregon.edu no date What is Plate Tectonics Retrieved 1-10-2007 from:http://jersey.uoregon.edu/~mstrick/AskGeoMan/geoQuerry18.html
- Pubs.usg.gov 6-24-97 USGS What Is It? Retrieved 1-10-2007 from:http://pubs.usgs.gov/gip/earthq3/what.html
- Olywa.net 1998 Mt. St. Helens Retrieved 1-11-2007 from:http://www.olywa.net/radu/valerie/mshvictims.html
- Sciencemag.org no date Vulcanism in Response to Plate Flexure Retrieved 1-112007 from:http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/abstract/1128235v1
- Volcanound.edu no date The Deadliest Eruptions Retrieved 1-11-2007 from:http://volcano.und.edu/vwdocs/vw_hyperexchange/deadly_volcs.html
Cite this Term Paper:
Dangers of U.S. Volcanoes (2009, August 27) Retrieved July 10, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/dangers-of-us-volcanoes-116123/
"Dangers of U.S. Volcanoes" 27 August 2009. Web. 10 July. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/dangers-of-us-volcanoes-116123/>