Cultural Competency the Nursing Role
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses the importance of the development and application of cultural competency in the health care industry. It specifically discusses the nurses role in cultural competency as the nurse tends to work most directly with patients and their families. The paper also discusses the standards of cultural competency and the steps required to ensure the success of cultural competency in the health care industry.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (2003) Oral, Linguistic, and Culturally Competent Services: Guides for Managed Care Plans., Rockville, MD. at:http://www.ahrq.gov/about/cods/cultcomp.htm
- Bohon, S. A. (2005). Occupational Attainment of Latino Immigrants in the United States. The Geographical Review, 95(2), 249.
- Georgetown University Center for Child and Human Development (n.d.) National Center for Cultural Competence at: http://data.georgetown.edu/research/gucchd/nccc/.
- Heuberger, B., Gerber, D., & Anderson, R. (1999). Strength through Cultural Diversity. College Teaching, 47(3), 107.
- Mui, A. C., Choi, N. G., & Monk, A. (1998). Long-Term Care and Ethnicity. Westport, CT: Auburn House.
Cite this Term Paper:
Cultural Competency the Nursing Role (2009, July 19) Retrieved October 29, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/cultural-competency-the-nursing-role-115394/
"Cultural Competency the Nursing Role" 19 July 2009. Web. 29 October. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/cultural-competency-the-nursing-role-115394/>