$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper explains that while diversity is an organizational strength on which the organization depends, it also brings in the most potential for conflict. The paper looks at the literature on the origins of conflict, the barriers to communication, and the art of negotiating. The paper highlights the various conflict resolution styles managers can use.
From the Paper:"Conflict resolution in the modern organizational workplace is becoming more challenging due to increasing diversity in the workplace. Diversity is an organizational strength on which the organization depends. It also brings in the most potential for conflict. Understanding the origins of conflict, and the art of negotiating represents the means by which the manager can most effectively minimize conflict while maximizing the organizational benefits of diversity."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Human Dimensions (2008) Conflict Resolution: Conflict Resolution Training and Facilitation: http://www.humandimensions.org/conflictresolution.htm
- Loo, Tristan. (2008) What Are The Four Types Of Negotiating Outcomes? http://www.homiesonfire.com/articles/showarticle.php?article=28341
- Moore, Christopher Ph.D. (2008) Negotiation: http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/army/usace/negotiation.htm
- Resolving Conflict in Work Teams. (2008):http://www.geocities.com/lazaridous/resolving_conflict_in_work_teams.htm
- Sutschek, Leah B and Rodrick, Rick. (2002) Conflict Resolution Style and Experience in Management: Moderating the Effects of Gender. 2002: murphylibrary.uwlax.edu/digital/jur/2002/sutschek.pdf
Cite this Term Paper:
Conflict Resolution (2010, May 30) Retrieved August 10, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/conflict-resolution-119928/
"Conflict Resolution" 30 May 2010. Web. 10 August. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/conflict-resolution-119928/>