Computer Technology and Operations Management Term Paper by cee-cee
Computer Technology and Operations Management
Presents examples of enhancements to operations across all business industries due to computer technology.
# 107573 | 2,310 words | 11 sources | APA | 2008 |
Published on Sep 07, 2008 in Business (Companies) , Business (Applied Operations) , Computer and Technology (General)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper explains that the main goal in the development and implementation of computerized technologies for operations management is to achieve improvements in efficiency and effectiveness. The paper then points out that the capabilities of computer technology within the business world have grown exponentially over the past several years while decreasing in cost and space requirements. The paper relates examples of the use by various companies of computer technology for modeling, computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS), remote monitoring, training, tracking regulatory compliance, learning management ,storage virtualization, inventory management and product traceability.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Albright, B. (2004). Musco Family Olive Company automates distribution: a new software suite helps improve inventory management and product traceability at the company's distribution center. Frontline Solutions, July.
- Bolka, E. (2002). Are you being served? Dealer information technology management services. Ward's Dealer Business, October.
- Frings, C.S. (2004). Addressing management issues: use systems to manage daily operations. Medical Laboratory Observer, May.
- Frost, M. (2002). 'Big Three' converge as technology evolves: new products could boost HR's strategic value, analysts predict. HR Magazine, March.
- Higgins, K.T. (2004). No-brainer maintenance tools: technology that's easier to use and new-breed engineers who can sell management on its value are helping reshape the way food companies attend to their machines - operations. Dairy Foods, March.
Cite this Term Paper:
Computer Technology and Operations Management (2008, September 07) Retrieved June 07, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/computer-technology-and-operations-management-107573/
"Computer Technology and Operations Management" 07 September 2008. Web. 07 June. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/computer-technology-and-operations-management-107573/>