$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper explains the strategic and tactical applications of an E911 and CAD system that are to facilitate the taking and dispatching of emergency calls. The paper looks at the software that runs a CAD system, the capabilities and features of CAD systems and the other functions of a CAD system. The paper posits that encompassing E911 into a good computer assisted dispatch system is the best way to make sure that emergency situations are responded to in a timely fashion and that the help that is needed is received as quickly as possible.
From the Paper:"The roll out of E911 was done in two phases. The first phase was implemented in 1998. This phase required that cell phone carriers identify cell phones number and the location of the signal tower accurate to within a mile. In 2001 phase II was introduced. This phase required that all cell phone carriers in the United States provide handset or network based location detection capabilities. These capabilities allow for the callers location to be determined by its geographic location accurate to within 100 meters (E911, n.d.). This geographic location is then displayed to the dispatcher along with giving them the capability to hold an open line for as long as is needed (McEwen, n.d.)"
Sample of Sources Used:
- Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) System Provides Mission Critical Mapping Capabilities for 911 Call Centers. (21 February 2008) Retrieved February 28, 2009, from TechTaxi Web Site: http://techtaxi.blogspot.com/2008/02/computer-aided-dispatch-cad-system.html
- Computer-Aided Dispatch Software Resources. (n.d). Retrieved February 28, 2009, from Dispatch Magazine On-Line. Web Site: http://www.911dispatch.com/info/cad/index.html
- E911. (n.d.). Retrieved February 27,2009, from Webopedia Web Site: http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/E/E911.html
- Encyclopedia >Computer Assisted Dispatch. (n.d). Retrieved February 28, 2009, from NationMaster.com Web Site: http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Computer-assisted-dispatch
- McEwen, T. (2002). Computer Aided Dispatch in Support of Community Policing. Retrieved February 27, 2009, from Institute for Law and Justice Web Site: http://www.ilj.org/publications/CAD&CommunityPolicing_FinalReport.pdf
Cite this Term Paper:
Computer Assisted Dispatch and E-911 (2011, January 04) Retrieved June 02, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/computer-assisted-dispatch-and-e-911-146580/
"Computer Assisted Dispatch and E-911" 04 January 2011. Web. 02 June. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/computer-assisted-dispatch-and-e-911-146580/>