$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses the benefits of attending a community college or two-year trade school before entering a four-year degree program. It suggests that this will offer the students the opportunity to sharpen their skills and personal interactions, as well as decide what their goals are for the future. The paper describes the history and evolution of community colleges.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Baker, George A., Judy Dudziak, and Peggy Tyler, eds. A Handbook on the Community College in America: Its History, Mission, and Management. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press, 1994.
- Brint S., and J. Karabel. 1989. The diverted dream: Community colleges and the promise of educational opportunity in America, 1900- 1985. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Clowes D A., and B. H. Levin. 1989. Community, junior and technical colleges--Are they leaving higher education?. Journal of Higher Education 60: 349-55.
- Cohen A. M., and F. B. Brawer. 1989. The American community college. 2d ed. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- King, Jacqueline E. "Academic Success and Financial Decisions: Helping Students Make Crucial Choices." Improving the First Year of College: Research and Practice. Ed. Robert S. Feldman. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 2005. 3-24.
Cite this Term Paper:
Community Colleges (2007, July 10) Retrieved August 13, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/community-colleges-96493/
"Community Colleges" 10 July 2007. Web. 13 August. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/community-colleges-96493/>