Children on the Internet Term Paper by hicaliber
Children on the Internet
This paper explores the use of the Internet by children and looks at how the Internet has become a part of daily life.
# 94301 | 2,083 words | 7 sources | MLA | 2007 |
Published on Apr 25, 2007 in Computer and Technology (Internet) , Education (Education and Computers) , Child, Youth Issues (General)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
In this article, the writer demonstrates that it is obvious that the Internet has become an important educational resource and a powerful social element for children. The writer also discusses that while the Internet provides children with a wealth of learning opportunities, it can also potentially expose them to negative content, for although it allows benefits such as socialization, research and communication tools for children, it also contains negative elements such as violence, hate sites, isolation, commercialism, predators, and pornography. The writer concludes that the best safeguards for parents are to remain involved in their child's activities by actively monitoring online usage and to establish open and honest communication.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Borzekowski, Dina; Cassel, Justine; Jackson, Linda; Subrahamanyam, Kaveri; Yan, Zheng; Whitlock, Janis. "Internet Use Involves Both Pros and Cons for Children and Adolescents, According to Special Issue of Developmental Psychology." American Psychological Association. April 30 2006. Retrieved May 14 2006 from APA Online: http://www.apa.org/releases/youthwww0406.html
- "Chat Wise, Street Wise - children and Internet chat services." Internet Crime Forum IRC. Retrieved May 14 2006 from: http://www.internetcrimeforum.org.uk/chatwise_streetwise.html
- Cheon, Hongsik John. "Children's exposure to negative Internet content: effects of family context." Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media. December 01 2005. Retrieved May 14 2006 from HighBeam Research Library.
- Internet Usage Statistics. Internet World Stats. 2006. Retrieved May 14 2006 from: http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats.htm
- "Research and Guidelines for Children's Use of the Internet." National School Boards Foundation. Retrieved May 14 2006 from: http://www.nsbf.org/safe-smart/full-report.htm
Cite this Term Paper:
Children on the Internet (2007, April 25) Retrieved March 25, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/children-on-the-internet-94301/
"Children on the Internet" 25 April 2007. Web. 25 March. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/children-on-the-internet-94301/>