$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper reveals that in spite of the growing awareness of the health problems associated with obesity, childhood obesity is on the rise. The paper explores the dangers associated with childhood obesity including future health risks of diabetes, heart disease, cancer and other weight-related ailments. The paper also looks at the social stigma of overweight children. Finally, the paper examines the role of parents in the development of childhood obesity and obesity prevention.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Anderson, P.M. & Butcher, K.F. (2006). Childhood Obesity: Trends and Potential Causes. The Future of Children, Volume 16, Issue 1. Retrieved July 19, 2007 from http://www.questia.com/PM.qst?a=o&d=5014370999.
- Berscheid, E. & Walster, E. (1972). Beauty and the best. Psychology Today, 42-46, 74.
- Jarvie, G.J., Lahey, B., Graziano, W. Framer, E. (1983). Childhood obesity and social stigma: What we know and what we don't know. Developmental Review, 3:237-273.
- Koplan, J.P., Liverman, C.T., & Kraak, V.L. (2005, Spring). Preventing Childhood Obesity: The Nation Must Act Now, or It Will Watch Its Children Grow into Adults with Excessive Levels of Diabetes, Heart Disease, Cancer, and Other Weight-Related Ailments. Issues in Science and Technology. Retrieved July 19, 2007 from http://www.questia.com/PM.qst?a=o&d=5009414177.
- Lindsay, A.C., Gortmaker, S., Kim, J., & Sussner, K.M. (2006). The Role of Parents in Preventing Childhood Obesity. The Future of Children, Volume 16, Issue 1. Retreived July 19, 2007 from http://www.questia.com/PM.qst?a=o&d=5014371031.
Cite this Term Paper:
Childhood Obesity (2008, September 11) Retrieved August 03, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/childhood-obesity-107741/
"Childhood Obesity" 11 September 2008. Web. 03 August. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/childhood-obesity-107741/>