Child Labor History and Reforms
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses the history of the practice of child labor, particularly in the United States. It describes how union organization and child labor reform were often intertwined and how the unions changed the accepted practices of child labor. The paper then looks at child labor in the current day in the United States. It discusses examples of child labor and the American government's response.
Table of Contents:
Table of Contents:
From the Paper:"Red Robin International paid $66,150 dollars in fines for letting fourteen and fifteen year olds work later than federal labor laws allowed. The fines were issued after a two-year review by the Sacramento, Calif., office of the Wage and Hour Division of the U.S. Department of Labor. The violations involved 98 minors in 26 of Red Robin's 68 locations across the country (Finding Articles, 2007). These minors allegedly worked past the 7 pm federal limit and past the 9 pm limit that is in place for the Memorial Day to Labor Day period. Red Robin has updated all of its managers on work-time limits and other regulations in place for young workers, said spokesman Neil Culbertson. The company also is verifying the actual ages of employees when hired and is testing new safeguards in computer systems on the West Coast to ensure the younger employees are working the correct amount of hours (Finding Articles, 2007)."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Wikipedia, retrieved on April 01, 2007, from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_labor
- Anderson, William (1996). Kathie Lee's Children. Free Market, Volume 14, Number 9. Retrieved on 2006-11-01, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_labor
- Child Labor Public Education Project, retrieved on April 01, 2007, from http://www.continuetolearn.uiowa.edu/laborctr/child_labor/about/us_history.html
- Images of Child Labor, retrieved on April 01, 2007, from http://www.childlaborphotoproject.org/childlabor.html#us
- HRM Guide, retrieved on April 02, 2007, from http://www.hrmguide.com/relations/wal-mart-child-labor.htm
Cite this Term Paper:
Child Labor History and Reforms (2008, April 27) Retrieved September 29, 2022, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/child-labor-history-and-reforms-103163/
"Child Labor History and Reforms" 27 April 2008. Web. 29 September. 2022. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/child-labor-history-and-reforms-103163/>