Chief Information Officers Term Paper by Jay Writtings LLC
Chief Information Officers
An analysis of the role of chief information officers within the healthcare system.
# 118083 | 848 words | 5 sources | APA | 2009 |
Published on Jan 03, 2010 in Medical and Health (General) , Computer and Technology (General)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses how the primary responsibility for the chief information officer (CIO) is to manage technology strategically for effective outcomes in terms of organizational efficiency. The paper looks at how the key for the CIO is to develop a capital budget policy and process by which informed decisions regarding capital assets can be made. The paper also examines how today valuable healthcare service packages are heavily reliant on CIO definition of specific programs and schedules for business and finance data processing, which is most specifically linked in this day and age to computers.
From the Paper:"Finite resources affect the capital budget process as the limits of financial resources available to the senior administrator. They represent the parameters in which the senior health care administrator and CIO can operate. Identifying each capital budget is an integral part of the budgeting process, in terms of recognizing the mini departmental economies of scale that receive specific budget allocations within a health care organization. Anticipations of start and complete dates, amounts to be spent each year, and identification of sources of funding represents the means of managing and clarifying each capital budget as a budget allocation for the specific purpose in the hospital health care format (Capital Improvement, 2008). "
Sample of Sources Used:
- Capital Improvement Plan St. Johns Health Care Center. 2008: http://www.co.st-johns.fl.us/BCC/Management_and_Budget/media/BudgetSummary2008/CIP.pdf
- Easter, James. (1995) Master Planning the Hospital Resources and Capital Assets: An action oriented approach to Planning: http://www.hfrdesign.com/PDF%20Files/Written%20Articles/Healthcare%20Controllers%20Manual.pdf
- Easter, James. (1996) Capital Budgeting: A Futuristic Perspective Integrating Technology Assessment: http://www.hfrdesign.com/PDF%20Files/Written%20Articles/Healthcare%20Controllers%20Manual.pdf
- The Fourteen Challenges That Every Nurse Manager Must Be Prepared to Address. (2008): http://www.healthcareperformanceinstitute.com/excerpt.jsp
- Long, Stephen and Marquis, Susan. Toward a Global Budget for the U.S. Health System: Implementation Issues and Information Needs. 1994:http://www.rand.org/pubs/issue_papers/IP143/index2.html
Cite this Term Paper:
Chief Information Officers (2010, January 03) Retrieved March 24, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/chief-information-officers-118083/
"Chief Information Officers" 03 January 2010. Web. 24 March. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/chief-information-officers-118083/>