Caring in Nursing
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper looks at the definitions of care proposed by Watson, Benner and Wrubel and Leininger, and focuses on Watson's beliefs on the professional practice of caring. The paper looks at the four C's of nurse communication and then examines the perspective of Mustard who integrated the issues of caring and competency to face current challenges in the health care field in terms of substandard patient care. The paper then relates that patients still hold a traditional view of caring, but it is based on the condition of physical care that goes hand-in-hand with advanced scientific knowledge and technological skills.
From the Paper:"From the earliest day of nursing, the word "care" has gone hand-in-hand with this profession's responsibilities. In most cases, in fact, people will say "They are receiving 'nursing care.'" Over the centuries, the word has developed throughout the field of nursing by means of a number of different nursing models, education and training and actual hands-on bedside care. Due to changes in the nursing field and the challenges that nurses have to face in this new era of high technology and change of pace, new models are being suggested to enhance roles and responsibilities. Regardless of the many ways that it is defined and applied, care is an essential aspect of nursing that exemplifies the delivery of high-quality health care support of those in need."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Benner, P., & Wrubel. J. (1989). The primacy of caring. Menio Park, CA: Addison-Wesley.
- Boykin A, Schoenhofer S.(1993) Nursing as Caring: A Model for Transforming Practice. New York: National League for Nursing Press
- Calang-Javier, H.V. (1989) Caring is more than kindness. Journal of Nursing Administration. 19(11), 28-34.
- Cook, P, & Cullen, J.A. (2003) Caring as an imperative for nursing education.Nursing Education Perspectives. 24(4), 192.. Nursing Education Perspectives. New
- Larson P. (1984) Important nurse caring behaviors perceived by patients with cancer. Oncology ursing Forum 11(6), 46-50.
Cite this Term Paper:
Caring in Nursing (2011, January 19) Retrieved February 26, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/caring-in-nursing-146847/
"Caring in Nursing" 19 January 2011. Web. 26 February. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/caring-in-nursing-146847/>