Business Psychology and Workplace Effectiveness
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper explores the challenges facing the business environment, including effective communication, team building, human behavior and the general concept of business psychology. The paper provides an overview of the main concepts of business psychology and addresses the issues in the work climate including workplace communication and the importance of teams. The paper shows how the manager of today is faced with the challenge of optimizing the workplace by creating an atmosphere that increases productivity by means of effective communication.
The Importance of Teams
The Importance of Teams
From the Paper:"DuBrin (2003, p. 3) provides a definition of business psychology that managers can use to increase their workplace effectiveness. Business psychology is then a collection of organized knowledge about human behavior. This can be used to improve the personal satsifaction the employees experience at work in order to enhance their productivity as well.
"According to DuBrin, business psychologists generally work to design employee selection methods in order to reduce worker turnover. They also work to design methods for training and developing employees in order to help them perform at their best leve.
"In addition, teamwork and cooperation in organizations are often also dependent upon the functioning of industrial psychologists. Teamwork today is recognized to be at the core of many efficient business practices. According to DuBrin (2003, p. 4), self-managing work teams are often used in order to promote a sense of cooperation and control within the workplace. These are vital elements to promote worker satisfaction. In today's workplace, teamwork is the protocol rather than the traditional assembly-line setup."
Sample of Sources Used:
- DuBrin, A.J. (2003). Applying Psychology: Individual and Organizational Effectiveness. Prentice Hall.
- DuBrin, A.J. (2008). Essentials of Management. Mason, OH: Cengage Learning.
- Henricks, M. (1998). Words to live by: a catch phrase conveys the vision of your business - to employees and to customers. Entrepreneur, Sept. Retrieved from: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0DTI/is_n9_v26/ai_21108358/
- Kline, J.A. (2010). Communication and Leadership. Concepts for Air Force Leadership. Retrieved from http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/au-24/au24-289.htm
- MSH and Unicef. (2010). Quality Guide: Strategies for Developing an Effective Team. Retrieved from: http://erc.msh.org/quality/ittools/ittipstm.cfm
Cite this Term Paper:
Business Psychology and Workplace Effectiveness (2013, April 30) Retrieved June 03, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/business-psychology-and-workplace-effectiveness-152865/
"Business Psychology and Workplace Effectiveness" 30 April 2013. Web. 03 June. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/business-psychology-and-workplace-effectiveness-152865/>