Business Level Strategies
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper examines different types of business level strategies, which are meant to give companies a competitive advantage. Various strategies are defined and elaborated upon, such as the cost leadership strategy, the differentiation strategy and the focused business level strategy. It also highlights the concept that these strategies can be very useful in helping a company carve its niche in the market by taking advantage of the available resources. The paper concludes that despite a company's fight to gain the competitive advantage in the market, they should not forget the role of the human capital in the implementation of the strategies
From the Paper:"I believe in the effectiveness of the aforementioned strategies in securing a competitive advantage for a business, however, I feel that there needs to be a combination of factors that can enhance the effectiveness of the strategies. This means a higher level strategy called the corporate level strategy should be incorporated to create a management mix. This means that the firm should address some several questions like the diverse businesses that should be incorporated in the firm and how the corporate team plans to manage these units of business. For the business level strategies to be effective there must be strategic leadership in the firm."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Bass, B. (1990). From transactional to transformational leadership: learning to share the vision. Journal of Labor Economics .Vol. 18, Issue 3. 19-31.
- Coyne, K.P. (1996). Bringing discipline to strategy. Journal of Applied Business Research 35(2) 35-78
- Dess,GG. Lumpkin, GT & Eisner.AB.(2006) Strategic Management: Text & Cases . Irwin: McGraw-Hill.
- Porter, M.E. (1999). How competitive forces shape strategy, Journal of Marketing Management, 17, 739-59.
- Potter, M. (1988). Generic Strategies redefined. International Business Review 27 (1): 40-56
Cite this Term Paper:
Business Level Strategies (2010, October 13) Retrieved July 05, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/business-level-strategies-144860/
"Business Level Strategies" 13 October 2010. Web. 05 July. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/business-level-strategies-144860/>