Bio-ethanol in Brazil
An analysis of the pros and cons of the production of bio-ethanol as an alternative fuel source, in Brazil.
# 93965 | 3,491 words | 6 sources | MLA | 2007 |
Published on Apr 16, 2007 in Economics (National) , Latin-American Studies (Environmental Issues) , Latin-American Studies (Post-Modern (1960 on))
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses the production of bio-ethanol fuel as an alternative to fossil fuels, in Brazil. The paper begins by giving a summary of the political and economic background of Brazil and goes on to describe why the production of bio-ethanol has been so successful in Brazil. The paper presents the pros and cons of bio-ethanol production and concludes that, at this stage, the advantages of producing ethanol for fuel use appear to outweigh the disadvantages.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Darlington, Shasta. Brazil Forest Tops Global Ecology Concerns. Reuters, 1999. http://forests.org/archive/brazil/brtopeco.htm
- Energy Savings Now. The Use of Ethanol Fuel for Cars. Energy. Savings.nu, 2000. http://energysavingsnow.com/biomass/carsbiofuel.shtml
- Grassi, Giulano. Physical Properties of Bioethanol. Eubia: ETA-Florence and AIP-Munich, 2003. http://www.eubia.org/pdf/Lamnet_Microdistillery.pdf
- Microsoft Encarta. History of Brazil. Microsoft Corporation, 1997. http://www.emayzine.com/lectures/HISTOR~6,htm
- Wikipedia. Biofuel. Media Wiki, 2006. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biofuel
Cite this Term Paper:
Bio-ethanol in Brazil (2007, April 16) Retrieved September 22, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/bio-ethanol-in-brazil-93965/
"Bio-ethanol in Brazil" 16 April 2007. Web. 22 September. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/bio-ethanol-in-brazil-93965/>