Bed Bath and Beyond
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper examines how Bed Bath and Beyond has managed to remain viable in the current economic conditions and compete in the market with the many box retailers that exist. The paper reviews its financial history and discusses the function of the initial public offering (IPO) in general and as it applied to Bed Bath and Beyond. The paper also points out the competition faced by Bed Bath and Beyond and the actions the company took to remain competitive.
From the Paper:"Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. was founded in 1971. It is a series of retail stores that run under the names Bed Bath & Beyond in the United States and Canada, as well as, Christmas Tree Shops, Harmon, Harmon Face Values and buybuy BABY in the Untied States. By way of a joint venture, the Company also manages retail stores in Mexico under the name Home & More. The Company sells a broad mixture of merchandise primarily including domestic goods and home furnishings as well as food, giftware, health and beauty care items as well as infant and toddler merchandise (Corporate Profile, 2010).
"The Company's objective is to be the customer's first option for products and services in the categories that are offered, in the markets in which the company functions. The Company's approach is to attain this goal through outstanding customer service, a widespread depth and strength of variety, everyday low prices, and introduction of new products offerings and expansion of its infrastructure. Shares of Bed Bath & Beyond are traded on NASDAQ under the symbol "BBBY" and are incorporated in the Standard and Poor's 500 and Global 1200 Indices and the NASDAQ-100 Index. The Company is calculated among the Fortune 500 and the Forbes 2000 (Corporate Profile, 2010)."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. (2010). Retrieved September 14, 2010, from Answers Web site: http://www.answers.com/topic/bed-bath-beyond-inc
- Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. - Company Profile, Information, Business Description, History, Background Information on Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. (2010). Retrieved September 14, 2010, from Reference for Business Web site: http://www.referenceforbusiness.com/history2/22/Bed-Bath-Beyond-Inc.html
- Bed Bath & Beyond Notice of 2010 Annual Meeting of Shareholders Proxy Statement 2009 Annual Report. (2010). Retrieved September 14, 2010, from Web site: http://phx.corporate- ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9NDgzNzN8Q2hpbGRJRD0tMXxUeXBlPT M=&t=1
- Corporate Profile. (2010). Retrieved September 14, 2010, from Beth Bath & Beyond Web site: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=97860&p=irol-irhome
- The Main Advantages of an Initial Public Offering (IPO). (n.d.). Retrieved September 14, 2010, from Web site: http://www.ipoinitialpublicofferings.com/
Cite this Term Paper:
Bed Bath and Beyond (2013, April 30) Retrieved September 18, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/bed-bath-and-beyond-152798/
"Bed Bath and Beyond" 30 April 2013. Web. 18 September. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/bed-bath-and-beyond-152798/>