Baseball In Asheville
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper discusses how watching and playing baseball is a long and proud tradition in Asheville, North Carolina. The paper relates that although baseball is popular at every level in Asheville, from the little league teams to the city's high school teams and the UNC-Asheville college team, the Tourists minor league team is perhaps the most beloved. The paper also notes the former Tourists players who have made it to the major leagues.
From the Paper:"Playing baseball and attending games at every level of competition is a long and proud tradition in Asheville, North Carolina. For more than one-hundred years, generations of Asheville youngsters have grown up playing baseball on the city's diamonds and many minor league players from all over the United States have played for the Asheville Tourists. Some have gone on to play baseball at the major league level, including Hall of Famers such as Willie Stargell, and legendary players such as Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig have played at McCormick Field in exhibition games."
Sample of Sources Used:
- "Asheville Tourists." TheAshevilleTourists.com. Online. Available: http://web. minorleaguebaseball.com/index.jsp?sid=t573. 27 July 2007.
- Ballew, Bill. A History of Professional Baseball in Asheville. Charleston: The History Press, 2007.
- "Baseball in Asheville." Ashvillenc.com. Online. Available: http://www. ashevillenc.com/baseball.html. 27 July 2007.
- "History of the Babe Ruth League." BabeRuthLeague.org. Online. Available: http://www.baberuthleague.org/side-indexes/history-main.html. 27 July 2007.
- Jarrett, Keith. "What's In a Name?" Asheville Citizen Times, May 13, 2007.
Cite this Term Paper:
Baseball In Asheville (2008, June 25) Retrieved October 01, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/baseball-in-asheville-104948/
"Baseball In Asheville" 25 June 2008. Web. 01 October. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/baseball-in-asheville-104948/>