Arab Culture in America
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper looks at the challenges Arab-Americans face in their culture today. The paper discusses how many Americans stereotype all Arabs as Muslims who are enraged against the United States and western culture, although that is a false assumption of the majority of Arab-Americans living and working in the U.S. The paper shows how their own strong sense of culture, family and religion help them balance their world with the American world.
From the Paper:"Arab Americans seem to have one foot in their past and another squarely in their future. The Arab culture is extremely close-knit, with families playing an extremely important role in this culture. Jobs play an important part of this culture, because they are the place where many Arabs may spend a majority of their daily activities, and they may present challenges for many reasons. Employment in America is based on a Christian calendar and Christian ideals. Arab employees may find it difficult to pray during the day, and they may find it difficult to celebrate Arab holidays, which fall outside the traditional holiday calendar used in America."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Aboul-Ela, H. (2006). Edward Said's out of place: Criticism, polemic, and Arab American identity. MELUS, 31(4), 15+.
- Author not Available. (2007). Arab American experience and Middle Eastern culture. Retrieved 11 April 2008 from the Fort Gordon Web site: http://www.gordon.army.mil/eoo/arab.htm.
- Editors. (2008). Arab American culture. Retrieved 11 April 2008 from the Arab American Museum Web site:http://www.arabamericanmuseum.org/Arab+American+Culture.id.168.h.
- Hassan, S. D., & Knopf-Newman, M. J. (2006). Introduction. MELUS, 31(4), 3+.
- Munayyer, H., F., and M. (2007). Focus on culture. Retrieved 11 April 2008 from the Palestine Heritage Web site: http://www.palestineheritage.org/focus_on_culture-AMEU.htm.
Cite this Term Paper:
Arab Culture in America (2008, August 15) Retrieved January 30, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/arab-culture-in-america-106863/
"Arab Culture in America" 15 August 2008. Web. 30 January. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/arab-culture-in-america-106863/>