Analysis of Supply Chain Management Term Paper by Rakesh Calton
Analysis of Supply Chain Management
An analysis of supply chain management at a PC manufacturing company.
# 100634 | 2,072 words | 17 sources | APA | 2007 |
Published by Rakesh Calton on Jan 16, 2008 in Business (Management) , Business (Applied Operations) , Business (General)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper explains how an effective supply chain is crucial to the success of a business. It explains how efficient supply chain management includes strategy, manufacturing, and logistics. The writer discusses how manufacturing organizations usually involve supply chain management concepts to develop a sustainable competitive advantage in operations strategy. The writer looks at how this is a relatively new aspect of management for commercial organizations. Further, the writer suggests that as there is a lack of knowledge and understanding to assist managers in the service sector and that it is crucial that today's manager obtain a full appreciation for what supply chain management is and how it can be implemented successfully.
What is Supply Chain Management
What is Supply Chain Management
From the Paper:"MyPC Corporation is a multinational PC manufacturing company having its head office in Cardiff UK. The company has been planning to establish an effective Supply Chain Management system in its day-to-day operation. Present paper dwells on various aspects of supply chain management for the company. Purchasing and Supply Management (PSM) is an approach to supply chain management that is meeting with great success at a number of leading commercial companies. Quite simply, there is a strategic, enterprise-wide approach to selecting the suppliers of goods and services and managing them and the whole value network, from raw materials to final customer use and disposal. It seeks to continually reduce total ownership costs, manage risks, and improve performance (quality, responsiveness, reliability, and flexibility)."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Altabet, R. (2001, Fall). The forecaster as a key member of the strategic planning team. The Journal of Business Forecasting Methods & Systems, 17 (3), 3-6.
- Anderson, M. G., & Katz, P. B. (2002). Strategic sourcing. The International Journal of Logistics Management, 9 (1) 1-13.
- Andraski, J. C. (2003). Leadership and the realization of supply chain collaboration. Journal of Business Logistics, 19 (2), 9-11.
- Braithwaite, A., & Samakh, E. (2004). The cost-to-serve method. The International Journal of Logistics Management, 9 (1), 69-84.
- Choi, T. Y, & Rungtusanatham, M. (2005, Winter). Comparison of quality management practices: Across the supply chain and industries. The Journal of Supply Chain Management, 35 (1), 20-27.
Cite this Term Paper:
Analysis of Supply Chain Management (2008, January 16) Retrieved June 05, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/analysis-of-supply-chain-management-100634/
"Analysis of Supply Chain Management" 16 January 2008. Web. 05 June. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/analysis-of-supply-chain-management-100634/>