Affirmative Action: Mixed Results
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses the history of affirmative action in the United States and describes the reason why affirmative action was initially established. The paper discusses affirmative action for African Americans and for women and then focuses on whether civil rights legislation and affirmative action have done everything they were supposed to accomplish.
From the Paper:"The problems still associated with workplace diversity and equity in the 21st century now focus less on Affirmative Action legislation of some forty years ago but on the impact of immigration, legal and illegal, and the rise of the Hispanic minority in the U.S., which is causing some problems. We can never forget that the basic principle of Affirmative Action is merely a guideline- an invitation for fair employment and fair educational opportunities. It is not supposed to be a means of dismissing one race or gender to accommodate another. Women seem to have done better than blacks, but there is room for improvement both for gender and racial equity."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Anderson, B. E. "U.S. Still Not Colorblind, Gender-Neutral Society", The Philadelphia Tribune, Aug 20, 1996
- Brownfield, Allen C.: "Reverse Discrimination in Los Angeles" Human Events Magazine, July 1, 1994
- Carlton, Melinda (and others) "Affirmative Action and Affirming Diversity: Has it been effective at the local level?" Public Management, Jan., 1997
- Foster-Bey, John A. "Blacks Have Yet to Catch Up" World and I, Feb. 2003:
- "Jerry" (No last name provided): "HOW FEMINISTS KEEP BLACKS BEHIND WITH WORKPLACE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION" Male Matters battlinbog.blog-city.com/read/308541.htm
Cite this Term Paper:
Affirmative Action: Mixed Results (2010, March 23) Retrieved December 05, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/term-paper/affirmative-action-mixed-results-119001/
"Affirmative Action: Mixed Results" 23 March 2010. Web. 05 December. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/term-paper/affirmative-action-mixed-results-119001/>