The Social Value of School Uniforms
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper focuses on the value of requiring school uniforms, and discusses how to implement, enforce, and maintain a consistent policy throughout the school or district without running afoul of legal requirements. The paper describes the implementation of a proposed study that is meant to determine whether wearing school uniforms in the classroom alleviates problems with safety and violence, while at the same time enhancing the educational environment in order to improve student learning. The paper details the structure, variant factors, and specific questions of the research study, concluding that the researchers hope to gather data that either confirms or denies the desirability of requiring school uniforms.
From the Paper:" The study may be able to employ the use of software programs that assist in research data analysis. One of the most popular of this type of software is called SPSS (initially the Statistical Package for the Social Sciences).
"This software has a number of advantages to offer a researcher including the ability to compare data with a number of different variables. When using this software, the data is entered into a row and column view so that each row represents an individual, and each column represents a variable. The data can be manipulated to present a number of different scenarios while all specific individual data is kept a secret from the researcher. This type of software program virtually eliminates any bias the researcher might have, allowing for a more complete and comprehensive analysis of the data."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Ackerman, B.; (2005) White tops, grey bottoms: What are public schools really hoping to accomplish with dress codes?, Macleans, Vol. 118, No. 10, pg. 57
- Boutelle, M.; (2008) Uniforms: Are they a good fit?, The Education Digest, Vol. 73, No. 6, pp. 34 - 37
- Barber v. Colo. Indep. Sch. Dist., 901 S."W:2d 447 (Tex. 1995).
- Duncan, E.; (2008) Teaching democracy in Iraq, American Teacher, Vol. 92, No. 4, pg. 18
- Ethical treatment of human subjects (2007) file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/User/Local%20Settings/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/Content.IE5/XY8V23MW/07ethics%5B1%5D.ppt#259,8
Cite this Research Proposal:
The Social Value of School Uniforms (2010, August 01) Retrieved September 25, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/research-proposal/the-social-value-of-school-uniforms-128661/
"The Social Value of School Uniforms" 01 August 2010. Web. 25 September. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/research-proposal/the-social-value-of-school-uniforms-128661/>