$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper is a proposal for a study which seeks to determine whether empathy towards the victims of domestic violence increases or decreases based on the number and length of exposures to those victims and the violent scenarios they have to endure. Variables to be considered in the study are presented. Additionally, the study proposal states that it intends to examine the effects of domestic violence on other family members and society in general. The proposal includes an extensive literature review with a look at multicultural issues in addressing domestic violence. The paper concludes by highlighting how it will measure empathy of police officers that deal with domestic violence.
From the Paper:"The proposed study will be greatly influenced by the avenues that present themselves in the available literature. That influence usually is found in both descriptive and causal factors. One of the most causal relationships to be found in the literature supporting the proposed study is the discovered in the article by Carrell and Hoekstra. Their study finds that there are other indirect 'victims' to violence especially when it spills out of the home and into society. When this occurs, the children who are direct victims to the violence in the home oftentimes are acting out in school or other settings."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Carrell, S.E.; Hoekstra, M.L.; (2008) Externalities in the classroom: How children exposed to domestic violence affect everyone's kids, National Bureau of Economic Research, NBER Working Paper No. 14246
- Grietens, H.; Haene, L.; Uyttebroek, K.; (2007) Cross-cultural validation of the Child Abuse Potential Inventory in Belgium (Flanders): Relations with demographic characteristics and parenting problems, Journal of Family Violence, Vol. 22, No. 4, pp. 223 - 229
- Perez Trujillo, M.; Ross, S.; (2008) Police response to domestic violence: Making decisions about risk and risk management, Journal of Interpersonal Violence, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 454 - 473
- Olsen, K.; (2005) Street law, Teaching Tolerance, No. 27, pp. 40 -45
- Smith, R.L.; (2008) Immigrant wife abuse often a hidden shame, The Christian Century, Vol. 125, No. 19, pp. 20 - 21
Cite this Research Proposal:
Study Proposal - Empathy Toward Vicitms of Domestic Violence (2010, December 12) Retrieved March 02, 2021, from https://www.academon.com/research-proposal/study-proposal-empathy-toward-vicitms-of-domestic-violence-145991/
"Study Proposal - Empathy Toward Vicitms of Domestic Violence" 12 December 2010. Web. 02 March. 2021. <https://www.academon.com/research-proposal/study-proposal-empathy-toward-vicitms-of-domestic-violence-145991/>