Proposal for Improving of Nursing Care
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This proposal explores the opportunities for currently raising productivity in three areas of a private nursing home, with the recommendations reached here intended to guide a program for refining nursing care in the extended care facility. The paper provides options intended to assist nursing facilities in finding ways to improve nursing productivity and recommends in closing that the system user, that is, the patient, should always be considered when bringing about changes to the nursing organization.
From the Paper:"The first proposal for the improvement of productivity would be a systems map designed to help streamline and monitor admissions into the home. The process would initially develop to gain insight into the process that supports the patient pathway into the nursing home, from a patient and a healthcare provider's perspective. Many delayed admissions into nursing home care result from poor co-ordination between health and social care agencies. There are complex reasons for this lack of co-ordination, including incompatible administrative systems, a lack of common geographical boundaries and different funding and accountability arrangements. Effective admissions processes are dependent on successful multidisciplinary team-working between health and social care professionals using a systems approach which recognizes the contribution that all partners make to the delivery of high quality care."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Burgess, M. M. (2003). What difference does public consultation make to ethics? Electronic Working Papers Series. W. Maurice Young Centre for Applied Ethics, University of British Columbia.
- Cho, I. & Park, H. (2003). Development and evaluation of a terminology-based electronic nursing record system. Journal of Biomedical Informatics, 36(4), 304-312.
- Cooymans, M.P.M. and Hintzen, E.F.M. (2000) Winst en Waarden. Deventer and Den Bosch: Samson.
- DoH. (2004) Quality Standards. The Department of Health.
- Green, J. & Thorogood, N. (1998) Analysing Health Policy. Longman London.
Cite this Research Proposal:
Proposal for Improving of Nursing Care (2009, June 07) Retrieved January 28, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/research-proposal/proposal-for-improving-of-nursing-care-114351/
"Proposal for Improving of Nursing Care" 07 June 2009. Web. 28 January. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/research-proposal/proposal-for-improving-of-nursing-care-114351/>