$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper presents a research proposal that addresses the need for change at CoverGirl due to the negative implications of its over packaging system and aims to identify the most adequate course of action. The proposal addresses the impact of over packaging onto the natural environment as well as the means in which this problem could be resolved. The paper outlines the context and benefits of this report.
The CoverGirl Packages
The CoverGirl Packages
From the Paper:"CoverGirl is a highly reputable cosmetics brand, with a long line of operations and a vast expertise in the field of cosmetics. Despite its association with numerous stars, such as Cybil Shepard or Drew Barrymore and its ongoing success, the brand has also encountered some criticism, generally from not for profit non governmental institutions, but also from customers or the media. Targets of the criticism included the questionable quality of some of their products, the fact that the stains from the cosmetics products were difficult to wash off clothes or the fact that it promoted skinny women as a role model for today's adolescents. Criticism was also received for the company's packaging system. On the one hand, the company packs its products in small containers, generally small glass jars with plastic caps, additionally packed in cart boxes. This small size packing means that the company requires the consumption of greater levels of energy, paper, plastic and glass than it would require if it packed its products in larger containers. In this order of ideas, it could be concluded that the main disadvantage of the CoverGirl cosmetics is that they are over packed, increasing as such the levels of pollution."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Arabe, K.C., Green Packaging is Growing, Thomas Net, http://news.thomasnet.com/IMT/archives/2002/10/green_packaging.html last accessed on September 22, 2009
- Dyer, D., Dalzell, F., Olegario, R., Rising Tide: Lessons from 165 Years of Brand Building at Procter & Gamble, Harvard Business Press, 2004
- Freeze, A.R., The Environmental Pendulum: A Quest for the Truth about Toxic Chemicals, Human Health, and Environmental Protection, University of California Press, 2000
- Jedlicka, W., Packaging Sustainability: Tools, Systems and Strategies for Innovative Package Design, John Wiley and Sons, 2008
- Going Green - 10 Green Giants, CNN Money, http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2007/fortune/0703/gallery.green_giants.fortune/4.html last accessed on September 22, 2009
Cite this Research Proposal:
Over Packaging at CoverGirl Cosmetic Line (2012, February 19) Retrieved August 13, 2022, from https://www.academon.com/research-proposal/over-packaging-at-covergirl-cosmetic-line-150471/
"Over Packaging at CoverGirl Cosmetic Line" 19 February 2012. Web. 13 August. 2022. <https://www.academon.com/research-proposal/over-packaging-at-covergirl-cosmetic-line-150471/>