$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper proposes a study that will examine the impacts of the global recession in Canada, Mongolia, India and Greece. The study is also intended to discern the reasons why some economies outperform during times of strong global economic downturn. According to the paper, the similarities and differences between these four economies are expected to help differentiate the reasons why some economies outperform others. Additionally, the paper analyzes the impact of a recession on the international monetary system. The paper includes a lengthy literature review. The paper concludes by stating that this study will enable players in the international monetary system to develop a system in future that is better able to manage the downside impacts of recession.
From the Paper:"This type of study is vital to understanding the global economy and the way that catastrophic impacts spread around the globe. Economists and governments alike can benefit from gaining a stronger understanding of how such global economic events impact different nations. When we see that two completely different nations with certain similarities to their economies are impacted in the same manner, we can better understand the specific drivers of correlation with the world's largest economies. For example, the Indian economy is based substantially on exports to the US, as is the Canadian economy. Yet the Indian economy does not have the same robust banking sector that the Canadian economy has. If we can isolate the differences and similarities between nations and relate those to the ways in which the economic recession has impacted those nations, we can draw some conclusions with respect to the factors that drive a nation's economic performance in the wake of such events. This can help provide insight for governments, regulators and economists with respect to the steps that can be taken to insulate economies from the impact of such global economic events."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Zakaria, F. (2009) The Canadian Solution. Newsweek. Retrieved October 23, 2009 from http://www.newsweek.com/id/183670
- Flynn, D. (2008). Greece did too little to avoid recession. XPat Athens. Retrieved October 23, 2009 from http://www.xpatathens.com/news/19157
- Bahree, M. (2009). Mongolia rolls with the recession. Forbes. Retrieved October 23, 2009 from http://www.forbes.com/2009/09/22/mongolia-mining-rio-markets-emerge-elbegdorj.html
- No author. (2009). Is India recession proof? Vilekhari.com. Retrieved October 23, 2009 from http://www.vilekhari.com/business/is-india-recession-proof/
- Eichengreen, B. (2008). Globalizing capital: A history of the international monetary system. Princeton University Press: Princeton, NJ.
Cite this Research Proposal:
Impact of the Global Recession (2012, May 31) Retrieved December 02, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/research-proposal/impact-of-the-global-recession-151296/
"Impact of the Global Recession" 31 May 2012. Web. 02 December. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/research-proposal/impact-of-the-global-recession-151296/>