A research proposal to examine the perception of cultural competence of screeners and emergency response social workers in Santa Clara County.
# 110903 | 1,850 words | 5 sources | APA | 2008 |
Published on Jan 02, 2009 in Sociology (Social Work) , Ethnic Studies (General) , Sociology (Multiculturalism)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
Cultural competence is the integration and transformation of knowledge about individuals and groups of people into specific standards, policies, practices, and attitudes used in appropriate cultural settings to increase the quality of services, thereby producing better outcomes. The author of this research proposal contends that cultural competence is becoming a necessary function and skill for all those dealing with social and health services and proposes to analyze the current perception of cultural competence on the part of screeners and emergency response social workers in the Santa Clara County system. The author also reviews current literature on the subject.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Galambos, C. M. (2003). Moving Cultural Diversity toward Cultural Competence in Health Care. Health and Social Work, 28(1), 3.
- Green, J. (1999) Cultural Awareness In Human Services: A Multi Ethnic Approach. 3rd Ed. Boston. MA: Allyn and Bacon.
- National Association of Social Workers. (2001). NASW standards for cultural competence in social work practice. Washington, DC: Author. Synopsis available at: http://www.socialworkers.org/sections/credentials/cultural_comp.asp
- Nybell, L. M., & Gray, S. S. (2004). Race, Place, Space: Meanings of Cultural Competence in Three Child Welfare Agencies. Social Work, 49(1), 17.
- Walker, R., & Staton, M. (2000). Multiculturalism in Social Work Ethics. Journal of Social Work Education, 36(3), 449.
Cite this Research Proposal:
Cultural Competence (2009, January 02) Retrieved March 24, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/research-proposal/cultural-competence-110903/
"Cultural Competence" 02 January 2009. Web. 24 March. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/research-proposal/cultural-competence-110903/>