A look at the innovation seen within the video game industry.
# 95393 | 1,355 words | 6 sources | APA | 2007 |
Published on May 22, 2007 in Business (Industries) , Communication (Television) , Computer and Technology (Technology) , Computer and Technology (Hardware) , Computer and Technology (Software)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper discusses how video games and the video game industry have become as ubiquitous as any everyday gadget. The paper examines how many of the higher powered personal computers are purchased by "gamers" who want the fastest equipment, to power the latest cutting-edge games. The paper further examines how modern games are some of the most demanding on PC resources, so the latest hardware is often targeted at the sector that is most likely to purchase and make use of the latest features.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Computer and Video Game Industry. 2006. Available from Answers.com. http://www.answers.com/topic/computer-and-video-game-industry. Accessed 06 October, 2006.
- Essential Facts About the Computer and Video Game Industry: 2005 Sales, Demographics and Usage Data. 2005. Available from Entertainment Software Association. www.theesa.com/files/2005EssentialFacts.pdf. Accessed 06 October, 2006.
- Hart, Sam. A Brief History of Home Video Games. 1998. Available from Geekcomix. http://www.geekcomix.com/vgh/main.shtml. Accessed 06 October, 2006.
- Herman, Leonard, Horwitz, Jer, Kent, Steve and Miller, Skyler. The History of Video Games. 2006. Available from CNET Networks Entertainment: GameSpot. http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/features/video/hov/index.html. Accessed 06 October, 2006.
- Piracy in the Video Game Industry. 2006. Available from Greplaw.com. http://grep.law.harvard.edu/articles/05/07/11/0246246.shtml. Accessed 06 October, 2006.
Cite this Research Paper:
Video Games (2007, May 22) Retrieved September 18, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/research-paper/video-games-95393/
"Video Games" 22 May 2007. Web. 18 September. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/research-paper/video-games-95393/>