$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper overviews the modern Venezuelan banking sector and addresses the issue of banking ownership, the importance of the banking sector to the economy and the key developments in the sector from 2003 until 2008. The paper focuses on one of Venezuela's most prominent banking institutions, BBVA Banco Provincial, and examines the bank's strategic approaches of integrating technological developments into their operations, placing an increased emphasis on corporate social responsibility programs and increasing the product specification. The paper analzyes the long term impact of these strategies on the bank and the banking sector in general.
From the Paper:"Venezuela is the 31st largest economy of the globe in terms of measured GDP. For 2007, the country's gross domestic product has been estimated at a total value of $334.3 billion.
"The country is located on the northern part of South America and its primary natural resources are petroleum, natural gas, iron ore, bauxite, gold, diamonds and various other minerals. They gained their independence from Spain in 1811 and their current president is Hugo Chavez."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Bakos, J.Y., Treacy, M.E., June 1986, Information Technology and Corporate Strategy: A Research Perspective, MIS Quarterly, pp. 107-119
- Fuentes, H., Grifell-Tatje, E., Perelman, S., November 27, 2005, Product Specialization, Efficiency and Productivity Change in the Spanish Insurance Industry, Ecole de Gestion de'l Universite de Liege
- March 11, 2008, Fitch Special Report: Venezuelan Banking Sector Expands, Faces Challenges, Business Wire, New York
- April 25, 2008, Venezuela Commercial Banking Report Q1 2008, Business Wire, Dublin
- July 31, 2008, Factbox - Key Facts about Venezuela's Banking Sector, Reuters
Cite this Research Paper:
Venezuelan Banking (2010, July 29) Retrieved April 20, 2021, from https://www.academon.com/research-paper/venezuelan-banking-128609/
"Venezuelan Banking" 29 July 2010. Web. 20 April. 2021. <https://www.academon.com/research-paper/venezuelan-banking-128609/>