The Power of Coal
An in-depth discussion regarding the properties and uses of the different types of coal.
# 93210 | 2,300 words | 12 sources | MLA | 2006 |
Published on Mar 13, 2007 in Geology and Geophysics (Minerals and Rocks) , Environmental Studies (Air Pollution) , Environmental Studies (General) , Geology and Geophysics (General)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses the use of coal as a fuel. The paper reviews the properties of coal and the different mining methods. The paper also discusses the impact the use of coal has on the environment.
Sample of Sources Used:
- "A Brief History of Coal Use." U.S. Department of Energy. 27 Feb. 2006 <http://www.fossil.energy.gov/education/energylessons/coal/coal_history.html>.
- Thompson III, Alexander M. Technology, Labor and Industrial Structure of the U.S. Coal Industry. New York: Garland Publishing, 1979.
- Benson, John. British Coal-Miners in the Nineteenth Century: A Social History. New York: Holmes & Meier, 1980.
- Thomson, Bruce. "The Oil Crash and You." 27 Feb. 2006 <http://www.greatchange.org/ov-thomson,convince_sheet.html>.
- Kosanovic, Lisa. "Clean Coal? New Technologies Reduce Emissions, but Sharp Criticisms Persist." E January-February 2002: 24.
Cite this Research Paper:
The Power of Coal (2007, March 13) Retrieved December 02, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/research-paper/the-power-of-coal-93210/
"The Power of Coal" 13 March 2007. Web. 02 December. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/research-paper/the-power-of-coal-93210/>