The Impact of Head Start Programs
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper analyzes the impact of head start programs on the preschooler's cognitive skills, math skills and language and literacy skills when entering kindergarten. The paper reviews various articles discussing the success of head start programs and provides the results found in each study. It discusses the implications of the research findings.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Waldfogel, Jane (2007) What the Children Need. The Family and Public Policy - Harvard Edition World.
- Executive Summary of Secretary of Health and Human Services Advisory Committee on Head Start Accountability and Educational Performance Measures Final Report (2007)
- Sadowski, Michael (2006) The School Readiness Gap. Harvard Education Letter July/August 2006. Online available at: http://www.edletter.org/past/issues/2006-ja/readinessgap.shtml.
- Bolson, M.; Garcia, VC; Steinhaus, KA (2006) Implementing the Pre-Kindergarten Act: Progress Report. Online available at: http://www.ped.state.nm.us/prek/downloads/03036/PreK%20Progress%20Report_Jan2006final.doc.
- Quality Pre-Kindergarten: Summary of Research Findings (2006) Online available at: http://184.108.40.206/search?q=cache:cVzJazNIRgYJ:www.pde.state.pa.us/early_childhood/lib/early_childhood/Summary_Pre-School_-_October_2006.pdf+The+Impact+of+Head+Start+Programs+on+cognitive+skills,+math+skills,+language+skills+as+it+relates+to+preschooler+entering+Kindergarten&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=4&gl=us
Cite this Research Paper:
The Impact of Head Start Programs (2007, August 24) Retrieved August 25, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/research-paper/the-impact-of-head-start-programs-97543/
"The Impact of Head Start Programs" 24 August 2007. Web. 25 August. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/research-paper/the-impact-of-head-start-programs-97543/>