The Han Dynasty
A discussion regarding the Han Dynasty, which ruled China from about 200 B.C. to about 220 A.D.
# 94388 | 1,341 words | 5 sources | MLA | 2006 |
Published on Apr 27, 2007 in Anthropology (Asian) , Anthropology (Cultural) , Asian Studies (East Asian Cultures) , Ethnic Studies (Asia) , History (Asian)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper introduces, discusses and analyzes Chinese history. The paper takes a look at the Han Dynasty, focusing specifically on the tombs of the time, especially the Mawangdui tomb. According to the paper, cave like tombs were as important to the Chinese as the Pyramids were to ancient Egyptians. Imperial Chinese families were buried in the royal tombs, along with many items necessary for a happy life after death. The paper discusses how the Han Dynasty created some of the most remarkable Chinese burial tombs, and created the great trade route known as the Silk Road, which greatly aided China and Asia in world trade.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Doar, Bruce Gordon. "New Scholarship." ChinaHeritageNewsletter.org. June 2005. 23 May 2006.http://www.chinaheritagenewsletter.org/scholarship.php?searchterm=002_review.inc&issue=002
- Ebrey, Patricia Buckley. "Ancient Tombs." University of Washington. 2006. 23 May 2006. http://depts.washington.edu/chinaciv/archae/2tommain.htm
- Editors. "Changsha Mawangdui Han Tomb Cultural Relics Exhibition Hall." ChinaMuseums.com. 2006. 23 May 2006.http://www.chinamuseums.com/changsham.htm
- Grousset, Rene. The Rise and Splendour of the Chinese Empire. 1st ed. London: Geoffrey Bles, 1952.
- "Imperial Tombs of China." USA Today (Society for the Advancement of Education) July 1995: 56+.
Cite this Research Paper:
The Han Dynasty (2007, April 27) Retrieved May 10, 2021, from https://www.academon.com/research-paper/the-han-dynasty-94388/
"The Han Dynasty" 27 April 2007. Web. 10 May. 2021. <https://www.academon.com/research-paper/the-han-dynasty-94388/>