Spiritual Practice in the Workplace
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper is a literary review of material dealing with spiritual practice in the workplace. The paper begins by looking at companies themselves and how they handle both employee and customer satisfaction. The paper then turns to what motivates employees and what is important to them, how employers handle their businesses, and employees and their spirituality. The paper works from one area to another and by being specific it enables one to see the scope of business today, from the employer, employee, and customer perspectives, and how spirituality affects this.
From the Paper:"Many individuals have been losing the battle with customer retention for quite some time (Jackson, Cunningham, & Cunningham, 1988). A large part of this comes from the fact that they do not have a strong link between the services that they provide and the profit that they make. In other words, they do things along their service chain that do not please those that are involved in it (customers, employees) and therefore their profits are lower than what they would otherwise be. Because of this it has become increasingly important for companies to figure out how to keep customers and employees interested in doing business with them and how to keep loyalty at a higher level (Jackson, Cunningham, & Cunningham, "
Sample of Sources Used:
- Adams, J. S. (1965). Inequity in social exchange. In L. Berkowitz (ed.), Advances in experimental social psychology. New York: Academic Press.
- Bedeian, A. G. (1993). Management (3rd ed.). New York: Dryden Press.
- Blau, G. (1993). Testing the relationship of control to different performance dimensions. Journal of Occupational & Organizational Psychology, 66: 125-138.
- Bonnie, F. (1996). Moving up! Ward's Dealer Business.
- Booysen, L. (1999). The changing nature of business leadership for the 21st century organization. Accountancy. Retrieved from http://www.accountancysa. org.za/archives/1999jul/features/change.htm
Cite this Research Paper:
Spiritual Practice in the Workplace (2008, July 16) Retrieved August 08, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/research-paper/spiritual-practice-in-the-workplace-105692/
"Spiritual Practice in the Workplace" 16 July 2008. Web. 08 August. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/research-paper/spiritual-practice-in-the-workplace-105692/>