$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper outlines the history of skateboarding and its popularity since the 1930s. The paper looks at two of the most influential skaters in skateboarding history, Rodney Mullen and Tony Hawk, and then discusses how to prevent injuries. The paper believes that like any other sport, skateboarding is changing people's lives everyday.
From the Paper:"Even though skateboarding is popular today, it has been around for a long time. It began in the 1930s and 1940s when kids started attaching their roller skate wheels to the bottoms of two-by-fours to make the first form of a skateboard. The first modern skateboard was built and sold at the Val Surf shop in California in 1958. Skateboards were mainly made because surfers wanted to surf even when the waves weren't up. They decided to mount wheels on square wooden boards. Skateboarding caught on fast in California, where it was known as sidewalk surfing, and the competitive skateboarding soon followed the new craze. ABC's "Wide World of Sports" covered the National Skateboarding Championships by 1965. The popularity of skateboarding had almost completely died out by the end of the 1960s for a few reasons."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Arnold, Peter. SkateboardingSeacaucus, NJ: Castle Books Inc., 1978
- Badillo, Steve. Skateboarding: Books of TricksChula Vista, CA: Tracks Publishing, 2001
- "Biography." Tony Hawk Inc., 2003<http://www.tonyhawk.com> (11 Nov. 2005)
- "Rodney Mullen." Wikipedia, Wikipedia Encyclopedia Answers.com 07 Nov. 2005<http://www.answers.com/topic/rodney-mullen"> (09 Nov. 2005)
- "Skateboarding." Wikipedia, Wikipedia Encyclopedia Answers.com 07 Nov. 2005<http://www.answers.com/topic/skateboarding-2> (09 Nov. 2005)
Cite this Research Paper:
Skateboarding (2010, May 25) Retrieved April 22, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/research-paper/skateboarding-119787/
"Skateboarding" 25 May 2010. Web. 22 April. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/research-paper/skateboarding-119787/>