Promoting Community College Student Successes Research Paper by cee-cee
Promoting Community College Student Successes
A look at the successful practices that promote community college student success.
# 107916 | 1,400 words | 8 sources | APA | 2008 |
Published on Sep 16, 2008 in Education (Adult Education) , Education (Multiculturalism)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper provides a review of the current, relevant peer-related and scholarly literature to identify a set of best practices that can promote the success of community college students. A discussion of the programs and strategies considered to be most appropriate for Hispanic students' success is followed by supporting rationale. A summary of the research is provided in the conclusion.
Review and Discussion
Review and Discussion
Sample of Sources Used:
- Bulakowski, C., Jumisko, M., & Weissman, J. (1998). A Study of white, black and Hispanic students' transition to a community college. Community College Review, 26(2), 19.
- Cohen, A. M., & Brawer, F. B. (1996). The American community college, 3rd edition. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Maxwell, W. E. (2000). Student peer relations at a community college. Community College Journal of Research and Practice, 24(3), 207-17.
- Morphew, C. C., Twombly, S. B., & Wolf-Wendel, L. E. (2001). Innovative linkages: Two urban community colleges and an elite private liberal arts college. Community College Review, 29(3), 1-2.
- Nora, A., & Rendon, L. (1996). Hispanic student retention in community colleges: Reconciling access with outcomes. In C. Turner, M. Garcia, A. Nora, & L. I. Rendon (Eds.), Racial and ethnic diversity in higher education (pp. 269-280). Needham Heights., MA: Simon & Schuster Custom Publishing.
Cite this Research Paper:
Promoting Community College Student Successes (2008, September 16) Retrieved June 07, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/research-paper/promoting-community-college-student-successes-107916/
"Promoting Community College Student Successes" 16 September 2008. Web. 07 June. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/research-paper/promoting-community-college-student-successes-107916/>