$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper explains that events that people experience are said to be paranormal if the explanation for these occurrences are not easily obtainable. The author points out that this field of science, which dates back to at least 1882 at the founding of the Society for Physical Research in London, has a myriad of areas of study such as extra sensory perception (ESP), astral projection and poltergeist activity. The paper discusses that classes in the area of paranormal research are offered in highly respected universities, such as Harvard, Stanford, Princeton and Edinburgh. The paper includes a summary of a research project conducted by the author and an annotated bibliography.
From the Paper:"Some religions, such as Wicca and neo-paganism, take their beliefs from the roots of reincarnation and spells. Some customs or societies mix elements from a more traditional, structured religion right along with supernatural beliefs. However, most religions are interwoven with elements of mysticism or the surreal. Consider some familiar stories that most of us have heard at one time or another in elementary school: A voice emanating from a burning bush, water turning to wine, lamp oil that was enough fuel to only last one day that miraculously lasted eight, just to name a few."
Sample of Sources Used:
- "About CSI." Committee for Skeptical Inquiry. 2006. 4 Jan. 2007 <http:///www.csicop.org
- Baylor Institute for Studies of Religion. Dept. home page. Dec. 2006. Baylor University. Dec.-Jan. 2006 <http://www.baylor.edu>.
- "Beliefs and Practice: Popularity of Paranormal Soars." Religion Newswriters. Dec. 2006. Religion News Writers Foundation. Nov.-Dec. 2006 <http:// www.religionlink.org>.
- The Columbia Encyclopedia. Sixth Edition ed. 2005. Bartleby.com Great BooksOnline. 2005. 15 Dec. 2006 <http://www.bartleby.com>.
- "James Randi." Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. 2006. wikimedia Foundation, Inc. Dec. 2006 <http://www.wikipedia.com>.
Cite this Research Paper:
Parapsychology (2007, June 15) Retrieved July 07, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/research-paper/parapsychology-96005/
"Parapsychology" 15 June 2007. Web. 07 July. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/research-paper/parapsychology-96005/>