$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This essay examines possible career choices in the medical field, specifically recreational therapy, speech-language pathology, and radiation therapy, the career choice of the author. In particular, the writer discusses the job duties that each profession entails, the educational requirements of each profession, the general advantages and disadvantages of those careers and the salary ranges of those occupations.
From the Paper:"Since I plan on applying to OUHSC, I have researched their educational requirements a great deal and have found them to be in line with other institutions requirements. Therefore, I will base my educational information off of the University of Oklahoma Health and Science Center's requirements. "OUHSC requires that you complete or be in the process of completing the minimum of 64 prerequisite hours, prior to admittance into the programs. They also want you to be in good standing with the college or university that you last attended or are currently attending. OUHSC entails you to have a minimum GPA of 2.5 on all college work you have attempted. There are also tests that you need to take if English is not your first language." (College of Allied Health. Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences Radiation Therapy BSMIRS.)"
Sample of Sources Used:
- American Speech-language-Hearing Association. Academic Program Accreditation page. CAA Accredited Program Listing. 23 Sept. 2008 23 Oct. 2008 <http://www.asha.org/NR/rdonlyres/D99BIABA-A314-4235- B826-F2407C06DCB4/0/2008CAAprogram.pdf>
- American Registry of Radiological Technologists. Educational Programs page. Radiation Therapy Schools. 24 Oct.2008 <http://www.arrt.org/index.html?content=http://www.arrt.org/nd/ListOfSc hools.ndm/listSchools&iframe=yes.htm>
- College of Allied Health. Communication Sciences and Disorders Speech- Language Pathology, MS. University of Oklahoma. 24 Oct. 2008 <http://www.ah.ouhsc.edu/main/Programs/prog1.asp?prog_id=10.htm>
- College of Allied Health. Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences Radiation Therapy, BSMIRS. University of Oklahoma. 23 Oct. 2008 <http://www.ah.ouhsc.edu/main/Programs/progbrief.asp?prog_id=2.htm>
- College of Education. LEIS Home: Undergraduate Information. Oklahoma State University. 20 Nov. 2006. 24 Oct. 2008 <http://www.okstate.edu/education/ugprograms/therapeutic_recreation.html>
Cite this Research Paper:
Medical Career Opportunities (2009, September 29) Retrieved May 24, 2022, from https://www.academon.com/research-paper/medical-career-opportunities-116446/
"Medical Career Opportunities" 29 September 2009. Web. 24 May. 2022. <https://www.academon.com/research-paper/medical-career-opportunities-116446/>