McCullough v. Maryland Research Paper by hicaliber
McCullough v. Maryland
This paper describes the significance of the US Supreme Court decision in McCullough v. Maryland.
# 95365 | 1,596 words | 5 sources | APA | 2007 |
Published on May 21, 2007 in History (U.S. American Society, 1640-1750) , Law (Historic Trials) , Public Administration (General)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
In this paper the author argues that McCullough v. Maryland was one of the most important Supreme Court decisions in history. The paper gives a background to the case, which began in 1791, and shows how the decision applies in modern times. The author describes the difficulties for today's audiences to understand the case's importance. Therefore, the writer stresses understanding the case's principles, not details.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Atkins, Chris. "Important Tax Cases: McCullough v. Maryland and the Sovereign Power to Tax." Tax Policy Blog. 2005. Tax Foundation. 5 Oct. 2006 <http://www.taxfoundation.org/blog/show/1002.html>.
- Doherty, Brian. "Recruiters in My Cornflakes: Time to Give McCullough v. Maryland Another Look." ReasonOnline. 2006. Reason. 5 Oct. 2006 <http://www.reason.com/links/links030906.shtml>.
- McCullough v. Maryland. (1819). American Government: Online Almanac. 2004. Houghton Mifflin Company. 5 Oct. 2006 <http://www.greatsource.com/amgov/almanac/documents/supreme/1819_mvm_1.html>.
- U.S. Department of State. "McCullough v. Maryland (1819)." Facts About the USA. 2006. U.S. Department of State. 5 Oct. 2006 <http://usinfo.state.gov/usa/infousa/facts/democrac/10.htm>.
- Wikipedia Contributors. "McCullough v. Maryland." Wikipedia. 2006. Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. 5 Oct. 2006 <http://en.wikipedia.org
Cite this Research Paper:
McCullough v. Maryland (2007, May 21) Retrieved May 27, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/research-paper/mccullough-v-maryland-95365/
"McCullough v. Maryland" 21 May 2007. Web. 27 May. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/research-paper/mccullough-v-maryland-95365/>